March 12, 2013

Common Question 4

Common Questions 4
Sorry it's so late! But as promised another common question I get asked about The Remmington Pirate series is:
"Where did the idea come from for the book?"
     Well, back in 2009, when I had finished reading some pirate books by Marylu Tyndall and still in love with Pirates of the Caribbean movies, ;) I hungered for more pirate adventure stories set between 17th and 18th century, but I could NOT find any!
      So one day, driving to my best friend’s house after college classes to meet her family and my family there to then go to Tae Kwon Do classes after supper, I got an idea for a character. A country girl just had an argument with her father (and mother) and was dashing out of the house with frustration, because she wanted to go stay with her rebellious Uncle but was not allowed.  

Encounterment with the Royal Navy

       And then, driving closer to my friend’s house, I thought why not turn it to a pirate story? And a trilogy? And I got to thinking of my friend and sister and then thought, why not make it about three girls? I never find any stories about three girls. So when I got to my friend’s house I told them and we were all excited and spouting out ideas for names and the guys the girls would fall in love with, what they would be like, and Voila! My Remmington Pirate Series was born!
Favourite Scenes from one of my favourite movies: "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl"



1 comment: