November 8, 2012

Wanted by Hannah Lorenz 0001

Ooo! I figured out how to post the actual video on my blog!?!?!!

When I went to Crossroads College in Rochester, Minnesota (from about Autumn 2009 to Spring to 2011) I took music theory classes and loved it! So I took Composition class and loved it! Out of that class I composed two pieces for piano.

My inspirations were music from Pride and Prejudice (2005) and Anastasia (animated).




Anyways, my friend from that college, actually performed them for me, since I'm not fluent in putting the art of reading music and playing it on the piano at the same time. So about 80% of the music I composed I first created on the piano, because that's how I create music: playing a part of it first then expand on it on music sheets.

I personally get mesmorized playing the same thing over and over again, even if it's just a few measures. Something about that is relaxing. Call me strange, but it's true!

I hope you enjoy the first piece (though it was actually the second one I composed).

Oh! Before I forget, it is probably going to sound crazy but, I have composed these songs with the mind that they be like a soundtrack for the "Remmington Pirates Saga" books or I dare dream the movies the books be made into??? Though, I have no idea just where and when they'd be played, because the books are not yet finished. ;)

2 comments: