October 23, 2013

Pumpkin Quinoa Breakfast Cookies (Sugar-Free, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free, Low-Calorie)

So I followed this recipe, but I subbed out ingredients like oil and sugar and didn't have other pumpkin spice other than cinnamon and nutmeg. 

And the result is yummy, breakfast to go with far less calories than the original, which would have probably had close to 100 calories a cookie. 

But these bad boys, have.... 


Look at this mine-field of healthy explosions in your mouth!


Anyways, these only have 54 calories. 

Per cookie.


I know! I couldn't believe it either!

It made me so excited! They actually turned out great!

Tastefully, healthy tasting!


Not as bland as I thought they would turn out. In fact, even better!

Although, if you have a sweet tooth you might not like these at all, but if you like a tiny sweetness but want to avoid sugary tasting then you will love these.



I think next time, I would had a little more cinnamon??

And I confess that I forgot to add the vanilla extract in this first batch, so next time they will have tad nit more sweetness to them to really take them home!

Quinoa, almond flour, and egg are all protein rich and fiber filled. Ground flaxseed meal has good omega-3 fats and as good fiber too.

No comments:

Post a Comment