August 21, 2012

Meet Crazy Lou from "The Remmington Pirate Saga"!

I am a visual person. I like pictures. So as soon as I created a character I went and looked for a model. I looked for a picture to help bring the character to life...for me at least.
AND I'm a person who loves conversations and quotes, they feed my story and make it move somewhere.

Anyways...this is Captain Crazy Lou or at least an idea of what he looks like. He is a pirate antiquarian  (Antiquarian is the first term or know archaeologist, whence the word archaeology did not exist till the 1800s). He hunts ancient, unique, lost treasures of gold or spectacular artefacts from around the world to sell or keep as a souvenir.

 He is 6' and 3" tall. His age is 37 years old. He has a lean and swarthy face, thin, but strong built frame, a tenor voice, brunette hair, full beard and mustache. He has green eyes (though in the picture they are not, because it is hard to find an exact match).

Personality - extrovert, tough, likes to keep his enemies guessing, stern, daring, clever

He is the baby of the family. He is also the rebellious one in the family.

He called his ship, The Ravaging Cobra and it's a galleon. (The picture below just shows how big it is.)



One of his favorite phrases is, "Oddsfish!" 

He's the first reason his nieces (which he doesn't know about) sneak away from home and get involved in pirates. 

Here's a bit o' conversation he has:
On board Crazy Lou's The Ravaging Cobra...
"What if we're wrong," asked Gavin.
"I don't think so," said Crazy Lou.
"Have you ever been wrong before?" asked Gavin.
"I thought so once, but I was wrong," said Crazy Lou and walked away. Gavin stared after him.

Another bit o' conversation:
"Captain, you're not serious," said Jacob. "You're going in their unarmed, you'll be leaving with the dead."
"Well, I said I'd be unarmed," said Crazy Lou. "I didn't say anything about you being unarmed."

Another bit o' conversation:
"You started it!" growled Crazy Lou, as he marched up to Jane, shaking his finger at her.
"What?" Jane protested, noting fat slicks of moisture streaking his temples and throat from the heat.
"Had you kept yer trap shut, we wouldn't be in this bloody mess!"
"Well, excuse me for speaking the truth."
"Mark my words, lassy, don't speak the truth so much and it'll keep ye out o' trouble, eh?"
She narrowed her eyes at him with a look of defiance.

Another bit o' conversation:
"...Every man to keep his piece, pistols and cutlass clean and fit for service or be marooned or face certain death."
The man continued listing off a bunch of rules that ended in death or marooning.
"Does this code have any rules that don't end in death or marooning?" asked Alexandra.
"It's a strict code," said Crazy Lou.


More random quotes:
"A man needs a little madness, or else he never dares to cut the rope," said Crazy Lou.

"What fool has broke adrift here?" asked Crazy Lou, approaching the crowd of pirates encircling someone.

2 comments: