August 31, 2012

The Remmington Homes Look like...


This is Marty's father's home - called The Remmington Manor - it's model is the Goldsborough Hall, which is the best of what I could find as I envisioned her home when I wrote some scenes. And let me tell you, it was incredibly hard to find a picture of a house that modeled what I had in my head. It's not perfect, but I like it.
Goldsborough Hall located in North Yorkshire, England, but in my book the Remmington Manor is located in Portmouth, England.


Goldsborough Hall is now a private, exclusive wedding venue with elegant state rooms, luxury accommodation and stunning landscaped grounds.
Goldsborough Hall is a Jacobean stately home located in the village of Goldsborough.

Goldsborough Hall was built from 1601 to 1625 for Sir Richard Hutton, a prominent lawyer in London, who became the High Sheriff of Yorkshire in 1623.


Jane and Alexandra's home - called The Remmington Hall. It was their Grandfather's farmhouse. This is the best image I could find that closely fit the image I had in my head as to what their farmhouse looked like.

This 17th century farmhouse located in village of Sulgrave in real life, but in my book it is located in Penrith, Cumbria, England.



No comments:

Post a Comment