December 1, 2012

Character Development

I steal things all the time. That's how I write my story. That's how get overloaded with so many sub-plot ideas and just want to put them ALL in the Remmington Pirates Series somehow, some way or another.

One of the things I steal is the things I hear people, I know or don't know, say. And use their personalities and try to think like they would for my character's development. Like I loosely-base some of my main and supporting characters off of someone I know.


I don't actually do that, but sometimes it feels like I'm eavesdropping on someone's words or something, even when I'm talking to them but I'm not.

Do I dare say, who Jane, Martha, and Alexandra Remmington are loosely-based off of? Or Crazy Lou?

And actually, some of my characters, like Jacob and Tom, I start seeing some of my friends in them, like they could be the same person! But they're not, just their personality. It's quite fascinating noticing someone I know or even meeting someone new and seeing alot of similarities with my characters that I've already created.


No comments:

Post a Comment