November 16, 2012

Who Said That?

Sometimes I randomly hear characters talking in my head. At first I'm not sure which character said that. OR I just get some idea for a random conversation and then I have to figure which characters should say that. Who does it sound like would say that?
And if I'm crunched for time I might just leave it blank or put in capitalized letters HE or SHE or EVIL said so that I know to finish figuring out the character and the situation...


For instance - I will give you some examples of characters talking in my head...

A line (where I don't know who said it yet):
     "These people will say anything!" said HE about the English court.

A bit o' conversation (I've given myself three options for each person's line):
    "Have you been shot?" asked Marty/Jane/Alex.
    "Not lately," said Gavin/Tom/Jacob.

A line:
    "May God have mercy on Jane's soul," said HE (who said that??? I'm imagining an English lord of the sort)

A bit o' conversation:
    "I need to speak to Captian Lou," said Marty/Jane/Alex.
     "To see the captain, we will have to cross the island," said HE (a pirate).
     "Well, who told me to be brought to this side of the island?"

A line:
    "How can one woman do so much damage?" asked HE.

A bit o' conversation between two male characters:
    "Pirates! Muslime pirates!"
    "This is what I call a timely interruption! Though what'll come of it - the devil himself only knows."

A bit o' conversation between a male and one of the main female characters:
     "Grab the linstock!" ordered HE.
     "The what?" She gave him a confused look.
     "The forked staff holding the lighted material used to fire a cannon."

A bit o' conversation:
   "Don't eat that!" He pulled her hand away from her mouth. "It's baneful."
     She froze then quickly tossed THE FORK/SPOON on the ground. "Good heavens! Who would poison my food?"

A bit o' conversation:
    "Look, the lady can manage arms."
     "She can wield weapons?"
    "That's what I said!"
    "Which ones?"

A bit o' conversation:
    "Your smothering host will die."
    "What?"
    "Your amy. Will die."

A bit o' conversation:
     "Such a partnership requires sober thought. My poor head has been dancing with run this whole week past," said Gavin/Tom.
     Jane/Alex/Marty rolled her eyes.

A line:
   "All this time I've been packing ice around my heart. How do I make it melt?" asked Alex/Marty.

A bit o' conversation:
     HE growled and made one powerful slice with his sword that cut the table clean through. He turned and pointed his blade at Tom.
    Tom grinned innocently. "How are you?"
    "You fool! Did you really think I wouldn't know?" HE growled.

A line said to Marty or Jane or Alex:
   "Bring one's arse to anchor," said HE. "It means sit down."



 

NOTE that all of these lines and conversations do not have a specific spot in the entire series, so I don't even know when they happen yet. I mean I have an idea, but I'm still deciding!

2 comments:

  1. Danke/Merci/Gracias/спасибо/Tack/Thank you! ;D

    P.S.
    "Tack" is my first Swedish word! ;D hehe

    ReplyDelete