November 11, 2012

When Did I Start Writing the Pirate Saga?

I started writing "The Remmington Pirates Saga" in autumn-winter of 2009. I KNOW it's been forming and transforming for YEARS! I'm almost embarrassed, but what can I say? I'm learning about being a writer and experimenting and discovering what I like.

And the saga was orginally going to be one book and one main character (well two actually with the hero and heroine) and then a month later it became a trilogy with three main characters (or six rather, because of the heroes and heroines).

But as the story started taking on a bigger and more interesting shape, I realized that three books was not enough. I have so many ideas and plots and plot twists. It get soo complicated and exciting! AAH!

Because I personally don't like to read giant fat books, over 500 or 600 pages. Who can hold that for hours?
Ok, that's not my reason for not liking giant fat books, my reason is: IT'S INTIMIDATING!

So my books will PROBABLY be between 300 and 500 pages. (My max and minimum.) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment