November 17, 2012

What Are They Saying Exactly

This time, I’m talking about scenes where I know how the character is reacting and even possibly where they’re at and what they’re doing, but I’m not sure what they’re saying yet, because I need to take time and finish the scene. But for me, before I can finish the scene I need to figure out more of what’s happening the story, so that the scene fits in with the story, otherwise what’s the point of the scene?



An incomplete scene, where I know who said it, but I'm not certain of her exact words yet but I know how her manner is...:
Having tea with some important peers or simply standing about the room in a little private party...
During the conversation Jane saw SOMEONE (meaning I need to put someone important's name here) outside (could be in the backyard or on the street or something, I don't know yet) DOING SOMETHING (I don't know what this person is doing yet, so I'm making sure I know that I need to figure that).
      "Will you excuse me?" Jane walked out the open doors to the balcony and looked below yelling SOMETHING DEMANDINGLY OR ANGRILY AT THAT SOMEONE.
      HE SAID SOMETHING BACK.
     "Yes, I know," she snapped back with some more attitude than appropriate.
      From behind her the girls were giving her shock, questioning looks and glances amongst each other.
SOME MORE DIALOGUE/CONVERSATION BETWEEN CHARACTERS (so eventually Jane will say)
     "Believe me, it will be positively believable." She paused a second. "I do believe."


Another unfinished scene (I'm not sure if it's Jane or Marty...):
The evil captain wanted information from the three pirates (one being Alexandra disguised as a boy, so no one knows she's a girl, the second is an unnamed pirate and the third is either Jane or Martha also in disguise as boys). They are tied up either by their hands and feet and their bodies to a post or just their hands and feet or just their hands behind their backs (I don't know yet, but I will eventually!) They are unwilling to tell...
     Furious the captain yanked out his cutlass and cut out the heart of the middle aged, unnamed pirate next to Alex. She cringed in disgust and discomfort, as the poor man howled in pain. She turned her head away, as did Jane/Marty.
      EVIL then brought the dripping heart just inches from Alex's face. "I will do the same to you, if 'n ye don't tell me _____." He chucked the heart overboard.
     Alex hardened her face with a look of defiance, but said nothing as he threatened her with his eyes.
     "No?" He suddenly aimed his cutlass at Jane/Marty.
     "Wait!" Alex yelled, stopping him from touching her sister/cousin.


An unfinished scene (I'm not sure if it's Jacob or Tom):
    Alexandra leaned on the railing with Tom/Jacob. They looked out over the sun setting on the vast blue horizon.
     LOT'S OF OR A LITTLE BIT OF DIALOGUE
     "_____," said Tom/Jacob turning toward her.
      "_____." Alex turned to face him. He looked in her eyes and it took her breath away. What was she doing? She can't fall in love with a pirate. She had to think of her family.
     Looking at his face, she could sense that he wanted to kiss her. She felt turmoil rise up in her like a giant wave threatening to do something dangerous or exciting. Or maybe it was threatening to warn her of what the damage of falling in love with him would be.
    He leaned his face toward hers ______.

An unfinished scene:
     "So, according to Miss Alex, if you tell me where the ____ island is, you'd have to kill me," said Tom.
    "Yeah," said Gavin.
    "So don't tell me. Let's be honest. You couldn't kill me if you wanted too."
    "Yeah?"
    "Yeah!"
    "Try me."
    "Already did. Back in the arena and you banged yourself right into the crowd."
     "That was just a game."
     "Ah! A game right. I won that game, though did I not?" Tom smirked.
     "One more minute-"
     "One more minute, and you'd both be dead," said Alexandra. "Niether of you won, and your plan was a half-basted disaster. Had it not been for the stampede, we would be pushing up daisies."


An unfinished scene:
   Martha looked down then met his eyes. "Jacob..." She wished she did not need his help, but he was her only hope. "When we get to the Eye's Cave ____..."
    He raised a brow. "You're at that tale again? Come on, Marty! You know how many have already died trying to get to that place?"
    "I know, but it's my destiny."
     "Destiny? Marty-"
    "Jacob, please! If we don't get to the treasure before EVIL, then the treasure will destroy us all." (I don't know if that's true or not...yet)


An unfinished scene (I'm not sure which girl yet...I want more of the story to unfold before me first...):
Late at night, Julie/Marty/Alex/Jane was walking when suddenly someone landed behind her and no sooner had his arm around her neck threatening with a creepy, sinister whisper next to her ear. "If you scream I will cut out you tongue." He presented a dager with his free hand.
     Julie/Alex/Marty/Jane's heart beat rapidly and her breathing came in rapidly, as she subtly began to shake in fear.
     "And if you try anything else, expect something worse."
      Gulping she asked, "What do you want with me?" She closed her eyes, as she heard him breathe in heavily then exhale noisily.
      "_______," said he.
     She felt every hair on her body rise, as she heard a smile creep with his spine-chilling whisper. She begged, "Please. Please, don't take me with you." She felt her eyes begin to water then streak her rosy cheeks.
    "No?" He fingered her loose hair. "That's now what you really want."
     "Wha-what d-do you mean?" She stuttered tearfully.
     "Don't try to soften me with your tears, princess."
      "____, HER NAME, ____!" They heard a male/female voice calling. "_____! Where are you?"
     "Go through the bushes," he ordered losing his grip on her neck for her wrist, while still holding a blade near her.
     Right before he pushed her through the bushes to their right, she yanked off her necklace and dropped it on the pathway then stumbled behind.




NOTE that all of these scenes do not have a specific spot in the entire series, so I don't even know when they happen yet. I mean I have an idea, but I'm still deciding!

No comments:

Post a Comment