November 5, 2012

Dream BIG

The Barlow Girl band have been an inspiration for me since I was a new teenager (about a decade ago). They are a band of three sisters.

I just realized that I took up playing guitar about the time they started touring around the U.S. and now they are retiring, because God told them to.

They are sad, but they know that God is trustworthy and will lead them to a happy ending no matter where He leads them next - which they have no clue, so they are in a time of waiting and apparently having fun. They've fullfilled their purpose as musicians in ministry or maybe a better way to say that is, they've fullfilled their ministry in music.

My band, "Black Light" and I were like, "What!? They can't do that! That's crazy talk!" But then we realize that God is good and that His plans are great. Our dreams are His dreams. He wants our dreams to come true.




At any rate Barlow Girl said on their live video interview of farewell to, "Dream big! Don't limit your dreams, because God has everything. They sky's the limit." He can make anything happen if you trust Him with it. He is the God of the universe, don't let fear win.

Dream BIG! Never give up on them!
"Cause those who are broken are becoming the chosen!" (from Barlow Girl's song "Hope Will Lead Us On").

Barlow Girl's final song, "Hope Will Lead Us On"
(I hope this link works, because in Germany it does not, but this IS the original that the Barlow girls put up themselves.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w53tTRDD5W0

(If not, you Deutche people can try this link...it worked for me in Germany...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3QtklPTkdo

The three girls on the left is "Barlow Girl" and the three girls on the right is "Black Light." (I'm on the far right, my best friend, Amanda is next to me and she is next to my sister, Katie. (This picture was taken winter of 2011 at my last concert of their's that I got to go too).


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that God's plan for us is bigger than the ones that we come up with. You go, girls!

    ReplyDelete