February 12, 2013

Hannah's Warrior Workout WARM-UP


Before the workout we must FIRST Warm-up for 5-15 minutes. (Some people do 4 or 5 minutes even)

I am definitely guilty of not warming up, because I get bored with what some people do for a warm-up (so I tend to skip it, but I'm noticing sometimes that when I'm cold and then dive into the workout without warming up, I ache in an unfriendly manor afterwards and the next day) so even though it seems so time consuming and I get impatient, I'm going to do it to protect my muscles and joints.

What do I usually do? I like a heart-pumping warm-up. But how do you get one that warms up your body?

I have found that I like to do 30 second intervals of easy: jump rope then jump twist (that's 1 minute) then jumping jacks  then butt kicks (that's 1 minute) then high knee jogging then speed skaters (that's 1 minute) (or whatever order I want). And I do that repeatedly till it's been a good 10 or 15 minutes, depending on how much time I have.
I don't count how many rounds I do, I just look at the clock randomly to see how much longer I should warm up, but if you like rounds Do 3-5 Rounds of counting to 30 (or use a timer if you think you're counting too slow or too fast) with each exercise:

So the Warrior Warm-Up (count to 30 for each exercise, as close to what 30 seconds is like then keep going with that for 6-15 minutes:
Jump Rope - I jump rope without a rope, so it's imaginary.
Jump Twist - knees are together, you jump twisting your abs so your knees point left and your shoulders point right then quickly switch directions
Jumping Jacks - I count to 30
Butt kicks = like jogging but your kicking your feet back/up toward your butt.
High Knee Jogging = Jog in place with your knees as high as you can
Speed Skaters (jump side to side like your racing on skates)


Here are three versions of the Jump Twist (I don't use any equipment I just jump and twist my body left to right to left to right, etc.)


 






Speek Skater



You can do whatever easy pace you like to do that loosens up your muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment