August 31, 2013

Refreshing Green Chia Smoothie

All right so this smoothie is kind of an ugly colour too, but I did not care to mention that in the name. ;)

It's got about 1.5 grams of protein from the spinach and 3 grams of protein from the Chia Seeds, plus fibre.

Did you know that Cinnamon is fibre rich? I love sprinkling cinnamon in EVERYTHING! No joke. I've even put it in ground turkey. It's quite yummy, actually!

Now for this Refreshing Green Chia Smoothie, I must apologise that I forgot to add in the photographing of the written recipe the avocados I snuck into the smoothie, which you can leave out and it'll still taste great!

U




Recipe in a blender: "Refreshing Green Chia Smoothie"
About 2 cups Spinach
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
1 cup Mixed Fruit (from Wal-Mart, the one with Pineapple, Peaches, Mangos and Strawberries)
1/6 of frozen Avocado (optional) (I cut and diced the Avocado before I stuck it in a baggy and froze it in the freezer)
1 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (I used Blue Diamond brand this time)
2 Dashes/Dumps of Ground Cinnamon.

The Entire Recipe serves one person for 223 calories and that IS all of it in the picture, minus a couple taste testing bites.

It was a delicious breakfast!

Would you try it? It's a great way to get in your daily veggies that everyone tells you your body needs, which it does! So I smother the gross taste veggies with fruit and almond milk and cinnamon!


F.Y.I. This recipe is Gluten Free and Dairy Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment