February 7, 2013

Remmington Pirate Series is Evolving and...

I've realized that the story is still evolving. (I really like that word "evolving." I think it fits perfectly.)

I feel like I have so much to learn about the history of the time period from around the world (what's happening with politics and why there's controversy? What is there controversy about? And how can I throw in my own magical type controversy that's not...I'm not sure what word to use here, maybe "quirky"?)
Anyways, I'm figuring out how relationships of the characters go from point A to B to C to D and so on, and that of the characters' personal growths too, how they go from A to B to C to D, etc with all the things happening.


 
 

And I'm trying different twists to throw into the story, like...well I'd rather not say, don't want to spoil any expectations. ;) But I will say that I'm looking into the characters' past to see what makes them do what they are doing in the present (in the stories' time period of 1707) or maybe the past doesn't effect that character so much.

I almost feel like I'm coming at this story from several angles and trying different things that I would want to find in a story or what I like to find in a story. How can I put that in my story? Or stay away from this story and save it for a different series.


 

Yeah, I am filled with way too many ideas, so much that I've got ideas for about 20 other stories. I have to force myself to stay focused on ONE story, because some of the people I talk to are like "Hurry up and finish the story!" Or like my sister would say "Finish that story THEN write your next story."



Story Board

  
 
Creating of Disney's Tangled
 

That's hard...I want to work on my other stories too, but I know that they will be there (in my flashdrive are the notes of its idea that I've taken for it already.) I need to have patience with myself and accept the fact that I'm not one of those writers that can just spit out a story, I like to try different things. I'm a perfectionist. Not that other writers are not. Heavens no! Everyone is different. That's nothing new. Be who you are. Let yourself do what you were created to do. And do it the way you were uniquely designed.

Embrace yourself.
Figure out how you were designed.
Understand yourself.
Love yourself.
Be the you that only you can be that's your job! Stop trying to be someone you're not that's not your job let that person be themselves. Blaze your trail, even if you find yourself going off someone else's trail, you're still going some place else with that trail you may have started on. Hey! You'll definitely meet with other people's trails, no worries! Just keep going!





                                 

1 comment:

  1. arrrgh! I feel your creative pain ;) but please please please please finish your book! :p ...after your schoolwork, of course...

    ReplyDelete