October 25, 2013

Fat Burning Cannellini Omelet

So tasty. 

Especially with a dash of Lemon Pepper seasoning.

Some fresh, minced garlic clove mixed with white kidney beans (Cannellini).

Whipped into two eggs.

Cooked like a pancake in Grapeseed Oil.


According Jackie Warner's "Lose 10 Pounds in 10 Days" book

"I find beans to be the best weight-loss secret in the world - thanks a to lysine, an amino acid. Lysine plays a significant role in fat burning and muscle building. It works by helping the body build muscle protein... It can also enhance calcium absorption and retention, which not only is important for bone health, but can also aid calcium's ability to regulate body weight." (Pg 218)



Anyways, I had some left over mixture of Cannellini beans with a minced garlic (-is that basically a shortened way of saying: small, tiny slices of a whole garlic clove), stirred in.

Bean Mixture Recipe: 
One average can size of Cannellini Beans
One small Galric Clove (peeled and diced)
About 1/4 cup Dairy-Free Shredded Cheese

[NOTE: You do not need the whole bean mixture for one Omlet - in fact it serves at least 4-6 possibly more. I have not actually tried that many servings, because I used the bean mixture for something else and just had leftovers that I did not know what to do with.]



Cannellini Omelet Recipe: (in a cereal bowl)
2 eggs
1 tablespoon of Cannellini Bean mixture
Dash of lemon pepper
2-4 T Grapeseed or Olive Oil for pan ( I used a cast-iron pan over medium heat)

Pour Omlet mix into oiled pan and cook on one side till egg mixture begins to bubble then flip over and cook the next side a for a few minutes.



It is about 365 calories (because if the oil that soaks into it when cooking).


Ok, so I need to share this, it is also from Jackie Warner's book:

"Beans  are packed with soluble fibre" and that my friend "helps the body to rid itself of cholesterol through the digestive tract."

Kidney, pinto, adzuki beans, as well as, red lentils and yellow split peas, are helpful in balancing estrogen levels.

"The Lysine in beans helps in recovery from injuries, as well as assisting the body's production of hormones, enzymes and antibodies."


Jackie Warner said "I eat two eggs with the yolks every day of my life," that's how much she believes in the fat burning power that eggs have. Why? Because "a huge part of eggs' fat burning power lies in the fact that the yolk contains lecithin, which breaks down fat in the body."

"Since eggs contain all the amino acids that are needed to build keratins, a group of tough, fibrous proteins that from the structural framework of certain cells, they strengthen hair, skin, and nails."

Eggs are also supportive in brain activity, like "sleeping, memory, attention, and mood."



Now I am even more excited to eat this stuff, especially because I know what it is doing in my body. Cause, for me (and maybe I am strange, but), it is far more motivating to eat it just by knowing exactly why it is good for you. So I hope my research has helped you too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment