January 31, 2015

Bacon-Pancakes (Gluten, Dairy, Soy, and Nut Free)

My new favourite meal is Bacon Pancakes.



I ne'er thought such combination would taste so exquisitely delicious!

Recipe:
1 slice Smoked Hickory Bacon, cut in half (start cooking it right away. I like my bacon soft, barely crunchy)



1/4 c + 1 T Betty Crocker's GF All-Purpose Flour
Scant 1/8 t Baking Powder
Scant dash of Salt
1 & 1/2 T Truvia (or sugar)
Dump/Dash of Cinnamon
(Blend all the dry ingredients well)



4 Egg Whites (or 2 whole eggs)
2 T Earth Balance Butter and Bacon Fat (melted in the pan and then pour into the bowl of mixed dry ingredients, where the whisking of wet and dry ingredients happens)



Once  all ingredients are smooth and blended, pour over bacon. Use back of spoon to spread it out over and around the bacon evenly.

The pancake batter is very thick. You could add more liquid of some sort to thin it our if you refer your pancakes thin. I, however, prefer mine thick, so I have not tried thinning out the batter. That would be your experience to report.


After you pancake is cooked, you eat it obviously, but I have no experience eating it with anything on top of it, because I like plain and simple. That is they way of my tastebuds. So once again, that will be your adventure - to enhance the flavour in whichever direction you want it...???

I mean what could wrong with bacon flavoured pancakes?

...maybe that's a dangerous question to ask....

No comments:

Post a Comment