January 25, 2015

Daily Goals

So the need to sleep 10 hours a night is real for me! Have I been doing so? Psh! No! 



Oh, so that's one reason why my health has been suffering?

Good to know.

Drink 3-4 liters of water a day?



Yea, I need to work on that, cause I feel ten times better when I do that too!



I need to practice having self-control and REALLY know when to stop eating or not eating. Like after supper, I am done!


 Ok, I have not been doing that. And really I should. For, I have noticed that when I do, I feel loads better too, and when I don't allow myself to eat anything 3-4 hours before going to sleep helps me as well. I have also noticed I feel better not eating for at least 12 hours (of the night/sleeping hours), cause I just don't need that energy during those times. 

I read an article that Hugh Jackman when preparing for his Wolverine movies and scenes, he will fast for at least 12 hours too during the night.

"Jackman consumed 6,000 calories a day strictly between the hours of 10am and 6pm." Combined with super intense strengthening workouts and some cardio too.





Another article said:
"The Hugh Jackman Diet for Phase II: Lean Building was an intermittent fasting approach made famous by the book: The 8-Hour Diet. The Lean Building phase uses a 16/8 Intermittent Fasting diet. This is where you fast (don’t eat) for 16 hours, followed by an eight hour window where you eat 3,500-4,500 calories. The window would start right after Hugh Jackman’s morning workout."


So a big marker point for me is to say that I won't eat from 8pm to 8am, in ordered to allow my body to use what it has stored up already, and to allow my digestive system to take a break, and to let my body rest and repair itself. 



Another goal is no carbs at night.

In one other article concerning Jackman:
"Carbs aren’t banned – just limited. 'I have oatmeal for breakfast, and brown rice or yams for lunch,' Jackman says. There are never any carbs after 3pm. “If you just made that one change and did nothing else, you’d lose 11lb (5kgs) in the first month,” he says." 


These are some good baby steps, if I do say so myself. 

Re-Cap:
1. Drink 3-4 liters of water a day
2. Get 10 hours of sleep
3. No eating for at least 12-16 hours a day
4. No carbs at night, or even after 3pm

No comments:

Post a Comment