January 26, 2015

Half-Done Cinnamon Roll Pie (Gluten, Dairy, Sugar, Soy, n Nut Free Free)

Whoa!

I did not see that comin'!

I followed this recipe on pintrist, but made a couple modifications from the original "Cinnamon Roll Pie" recipe done by the Earth Balance company.

And it tastes so delicious! I'd eat the whole thing at once if I could, but that would involve an exploding stomach and be no fun! 

Alas, let's get to the recipe, eh?

Here are some of the main ingredients...




For the Dough:
2 3/4 c Betty Crocker's GF All-Purpose Flour
3 T plus 1/8 c Truvia
1 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Baking Soda
2 t Apple Cider Vinegar
6 T Earth Balance Buttery Spread (with no soy version) (melted)
3/4 c Rice Milk plus more to make a nice firm ball 
           [probably 4-6 T more - I added by the tablespoon till it made the dough a nice non-crumbly ball, which I do no recollect how many more tablespoons that was. Sorry! I will try to remember next time I make em!]

For the Filling:
Heaping 3/4 Truvia
5 T All-Purpose Flour
1 T Cinnamon 
6 T Earth Balance Buttery Spread (melted)


It's really quite simple now.


Directions:

1st Mix all the ingredients for the dough. (Mix for about 1-2, maybe 3 minutes is fine too, just till the dough becomes a ball)

2nd Mix all the ingredients for the filling

3rd Roll out 2/3 of the dough (set us for top part of pie) and put in bottom of standard 9" pie pan. (I rolled the base out on the parchment paper, so I could just lift the delicate, flat dough into the pie pan and gently press the dough into pie pan more fittingly.

4th Spread about 2/3 of the filling into the base of the dough.

5th Roll Out the last 1/3 of the dough for the top part of the pie on another piece of parchment paper. And then lift the parchment paper, flip it upside on top of the filling and base-dough.
           (This part was probably the trickiest to get on, cause mine ended slightly lopsided, so I had to move it more centered. And of course, cause the flattened dough is so fragile it ripped several times during the process. But that's ok, cause it sticks back together reall nice like when gently pressed together.)

6th Bake at 400 degrees for 20min.



I cut my circles not in pie form. 

Oh! And it's called "Half-Done" cause it's sooo sweet as is without a sweet glaze to go on top.

In fact, I am considering making it less sweeter? What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment