June 18, 2013

Hannah's EXTREME Fat Torching Warrior Workout #4

Are you ready to MAKE IT HARDER (even if you can't beat the original Warrior Workout #4 in my time!)

You can still do the "Extreme" by pushing harder during the workout and taking rests when you need to catch your breath! (That is what I had to do.) It's good to change up the workout after having done it a couple of time, even if it's just changing up how many reps you do.

Warm Up with 3 minutes of Walking Knee Raises (or Slow Knee Strikes) and Jumping Jacks

           To save on time, I did about 2 minutes of Slow Walking Knee Strikes around the house, whilst I brushed my teeth, by counting to 120 knee raises, then spit and put my tooth brush away and walked around my house for 30 seconds to where I workout (in my living room) then did 30 seconds of Jumping Jacks. And went straight into the Extreme workout.
You can hold dumbbells if you want - I brushed my teeth...

The EXTREME Warrior Workout:

GOAL: Do 4 Rounds


10 Burpees
20 (each leg) Weighted Single-Legged Lunge Jump (add Dumbbells or books or waterbottles to your hands)
20 Push-Ups
60 (each leg up toward head/elbow) Mountain Climbers
40 Weighted Sumo Squats
2 minutes Jump Rope

BONUS - All of these exercises work the core some way or another AND torch off fat!




My Time:
On June 18, 2013 was 2 Rounds = 17 minutes (with weighted 15 pound Dumbbell in each hand for the Sumo Squat, because I didn't think to add the dumbbells to the Lunge Jump till the 2nd round) (and I ran out of time to push through the next two rounds AND I 2 rounds is torture! But my goal is to complete ALL 4 rounds next time!)



How to:


Burpee - Take out the push up (and just do a high plank)
            - OR do push-up on the knees
            - OR eliminate the jump (and just stand up)
            - OR eliminate the hopping feet (just walk feet out when going into plank then walk feet back to your head when going to stand or jump up)









Weighted Single-Legged Lunge Jump
              - chest up, back straight, hold weights at your side
              - lunge forward, sitting your hips back - the back leg will almost be 90 degree angle-like and your knee will almost touch the floor (but don't, and if you have to don't go done as far) - your knee when you sorta sit back into your hips as you lunge forward must not be bent over your toes, try to keep it bent behind your toes (so it doesn't bother your knee)
               -  jump up (you can alternate legs by switching legs when you jump or stay in that first lunge position and just jump up and down 20 times - I kept my right leg in front and did 10 lunge jumps then switched the left leg and did 10 lunge jumps THEN switched back to right leg forward and did 10 lunge jumps followed by 10 on the left leg)



















Push-up
            - to almost touching the ground but you don't (or like me I went half-way by rep 10 of the first round) - keep your hips in line with your body (if that's too difficult then lift up a little more toward the sky), don't sag your hips toward the ground, because it hurts your back.
              - OR do push-up on knees (I had to for the last 4 push-ups in round 2)












Mountain Climbers - instead of sliding or jumping feet towards head, simply do slow steps
        - keep your hips up, in line with the rest of your body, don't let them sag toward the ground; it's safer and better for your back if your hips are more toward the sky, especially if being in line with your back is difficult















Weighted Sumo Squats - (try to use 10 pounds or so dumbbells or use what ever you have, like books, cans, bottles, plates to add extra weight to make you legs and abs work harder) - keep your back straight and chest up














Jump Rope
            - hold onto 1-2 pound dumbbells if you don't have a jump rope (I did) or none at all - use imaginary jump rope (I do that ALL the time!) - rotate your wrists fast enough that you can get every jump over the rope
             - keeps elbows close to your sides - try to remember to keep your abs tight (it's supposed to help your lower back and knees)



















Oh and by the way, you can HIRE ME, although I am in the studying and quiz taking process of getting certified as a Personal Fitness Trainer. I know for me I like watching someone actually do the workout, because then I understand better of what all you are supposed to do for the workout, so hiring a Personal Fitness Trainer to teach you how to properly do the exercises or find other exercises with the same benefits (to work specific muscles or all of them) for your level or condition is what I DO (along with writing an adventure pirate story)!

For further information, check out my "Personal Fitness Trainer" page and if you are serious about learning more on hiring me as a Personal Fitness Trainer, you can also reach me at:
lorenz3hannah@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment