June 25, 2013

Turn Your Body Into a Fat Burning Machine: Why Train Like a Mixed Martial Artist (MMA)?

A mixed martial artist (MMA) trains in intervals, basically. Hence their level of intensity in their workout is up and down - with short bursts of energy to very low bursts of energy. (According to my Personal Fitness Trainer Instructor - and what I've noticed in researching how a mixed martial artist fighter trains - it's pretty sweet!). Their endurance is being trained to fight hard and then slow down a bit in ordered to keep up in the fight. That's how people can train hard for more than 10 minutes at a time.

I like to keep my body guessing by pushing hard for a certain number of reps (a couple reps before my muscles collapse) to catch breath (walk around, get a drink or stretch) for a few seconds to a minute till I can go hard again.

I also like to train like a MMA, cause these guys are FIT!



"You can burn 360-955 calories during 30 MINUTES of martial arts. It depends on how much you weigh and how hard you exercise." (fitnessforweightloss.com)

I don't know about you but that is my goal EVERY time I workout get the most out of it - the most burn. And according to my Personal Fitness Trainer class (and other professionals) aerobic training (including MMA and circuit training or other modes of cardio) enhances the flow of oxygen into your body witch enhances the increase of fat burning in your body after your intense workout.

So my workouts are spaced out intensity - short second to minute breaks between pushing myself hard (where I'm having difficulty keeping a conversation or none at all - I'm too focused on the training). = circuit training which turns your body into a fat burning machine.


Stay tuned for more workouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment