October 29, 2012

What's happening with this story? It's not a novel!

This week and last week has been a challenge for me, especially since taking screenwriting class.
I thought it was going to be pretty basic.

Oh so cute and basic!

I just couldn't choose which baby, they both looked like good representative of being content with the basic...


Oh no!

Haha! Writing for the screen is far more complex than just dialogue!



We're learning about structure and treatment and log lines and plot and on and on and on the list goes. It's great! A little overwhelming, but oh my so helpful! Even as a novelist. It's teaching me how to be a better story planner, because for heaven's sakes I was not necessarily planning each book's "story" I was just planning the entire series' story, plot. Forget about the drive in the books individually!
Now that I am being forced to plan out my story, which I am using for my screenwriting class, it has made me make a very HARD decision. Something had to change, because going over what I had...what was the point of it all? I mean sure the scenes and dialogue and twists in the story I had written so far are exciting, but it's NOT ENOUGH.
AH!!!!




No worries! (I had to tell myself that, because I was like, "BUT I like what's happening with the ideas that are coming together, even though they don't have a MAIN plot!"
Well, I have resolved that problem, which in fact was actually a HUGE obstacle for me, because I was struggling with how to get anywhere, for the ideas for book one were being strewn together and going in a direction blindly. It's like they didn't know what their purpose was in book one, they knew their purpose for the whole series but not that first book.



I am therefore feeling much happier and more at peace about what is happening with book one, because it has more meaning and purpose to it. Though it is still up for tweeking of the meaning and purpose, but I know what the main plot of book one is and that's all that counts right?

No, not quite, but for now it is. ;)
And yes, it will be a novel, because that's what burns inside me to get out, we (meaning, me, myself, and I)just hit a rough patch and I'm sure there will be more, but this one, I didn't even know was blocking my way. That rough patch was what is the main plot is for book one, because there are A LOT of things in my "creating" for book one that have potential to be the main plot. Now you can go to my page, "Books of 'The Remmington Pirates Saga" and hopefully see more clearly what book one is about.




Well, I am glad, I got that out! ;)


Godspeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment