April 28, 2015

Blue Peach-Eggy PB Protein Shake (Gluten, dairy, soy free)


Finished an intense workout...now time for something with lots of protein and vitamins!


First note, the recipe name in this picture is my first on-the-spot name-it-quick on snapchat. But after some thinking I came up with - what I think is the brilliant - title of "Blue Peach-Eggy PB Protein Shake"



I was very skeptical when I first started reading and researching about using raw egg whites in a protein shake. I mean that seemed a little disgusting. Egg whites? 


Well, raw egg whites are cheaper than any other protein powders. Plus, it'd be a protein source in my dealy missed protein shakes that I am not allergic to.

So I found a formula that I could try that made it sound tastefully appealing that was also dairy free (cause I can't have dairy too often with my intolerance) and you know, I had ingredients on-hand that I could use as the formula suggested.

The formula is here:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/248957-how-to-make-your-own-protein-shake-with-an-egg/


So then I started to get excited... 


"It's time to go to the kitchen and try this beast!"

Blue Peach-Eggy PB Protein Shake (My Recipe):
1/2 c cold water
3/4 c Egg Whites (100cal, 20g Protein)
1 c Blueberries, frozen (70cal, 1g Proetin)
1 Kiwi, fresh, sliced (30cal)
5 Peach slices, frozen (40cal, 0.5g Protein)
1 T Krema Peanut Butter (95cal, 4.5g Protein)

Entire Recipe = 335cal, about 26g Protein


After blending all the ingredients together, the first spoonful definitely hit its mark.







No comments:

Post a Comment