August 31, 2013

Refreshing Ugly Speckled Green Smoothie

What sort of name is that, you are probably wondering, yes?

It's a truthful name. Because one: it's refreshing in taste; two:it refreshing, a.k.a detoxifying, to the body; and three: it's an ugly green colour with speckles in it from the seeds of fruit.

Refreshing Ugly Speckled Green Smoothie




That is one serving in that photo, there, my friends (and that's after I've had taste tested a couple, few bites). And it's only 160 calories! 

I know! It's crazy! "Only 160 calories for THAT MUCH! You've got to be kidding me!"

I, for one, am not kidding. But I must warn you that if you don't have a agreeing taste buds that are adventuresome and open to new tastes without telling you it's "gross!" Like my sister. ;)


The recipe:

About 2 cups of frozen spinach
5 frozen Cucumber slices
4 frozen Celery slices/chunks (equivalent to one celery stalk)
1/2 cup frozen Pineapple chunks
1/2 cup frozen Peach slices
1/2 cup frozen Strawberries
2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk (I used Silk brand)
2-3 dashes/dumps of Ground Cinnamon


U
Oh, I had this for supper last night, so I could have some dessert later that night of Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Dough without going overboard on my calorie intake for the day and gain weight - that would not be good. Hence, I am grateful for the detoxifying foods I can throw in a blender and make yummy smoothies with! ;)

F.Y.I. This recipe is Gluten Free and Dairy Free

No comments:

Post a Comment