March 16, 2015

Monday MUSINGS - Why Sleep is more important than staying awake

I struggle with making myself go to bed because sleeping seems unproductive.
I feel like I get more stuff done, which is true, but in the long run I find a lack of balance productivity in my life.

Because feeling tired, sluggish and having a lack of energy makes waking hours a battle to stay healthy and be at the top of my game and be at my best functioning abilities.

So, I know I need to get good sleep. But how do I do than when my brain doesn't want to shut up?





Right, so maybe I need a reality check into making myself get more sleep and thinking to myself all the reasons why to "sleep!"

Kind of like scaring or threatening myself with the realities of what happens to the body on lack of sleep.



What are the risks for lack of sleep?

Hungry more often, especially for starchy carbs (so more unhealthy food cravings)
Greater risk of developing diabetes
Unsteady Metabolic Rate




Yep, I am definitely craving the unhealthy things in life with this lack of sleep business I'm running. Definitely NOT good!






So what are benefits of sleeping 7-8+ hours a night?

Muscle Recovery, especially after exercise (so as to re-build muscle tissue)
Boosts Metabolism (healthy working)
Energy Filled (especially for better exercise)
Think clearer





Tips for keeping a decent sleep schedule:




Therefore, I need to remind myself that sleeping means I'm a better person. But more importantly I need to remind myself that my projects are not going anywhere and just go to sleep! Cause it's great to be busy, seeing as it keeps the mind from depressing thoughts and what have you.

What drives you to get enough sleep?

Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment