September 14, 2012

Boots...Pirates like boots and I like boots!

So we, some of the UMD group, went shopping this afternoon, and I wanted some flat comfortable boots that would not bother the blisters I got from wearing brand new converse shoes for around ten miles of walking on Tuesday.



This pic was taken by Brian Voigt - a new friend from UMD also studying abroad. He posted it on his blog, which you should also check out because he be blogging about the trip as well. ;)
http://tmblr.co/ZzmEuwTMjYeU



And this pic was taken by my sister, Katie (also a UMD student studying abroad with us).

And of course I still want to get some pirate-like boots with the flap like these:




And I especially want buckles on it ;)


But you know not every pirate wore boots. They were poor, so alot of them had to go bare foot and were fortunate enough to snag boots from one of their captors. And the pirates that worked up in the rigging, where the sails are, they mostly did not where boots, because it was slippery to do so. They did not want to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment