September 14, 2012

Getting to Know Worcester a little bit more...

So, I was curious, what is Worcester's history? Because it would help me (and maybe anyone else new to being in Worcester) understand the city and maybe the people more (nay, probably not all of the people anyway)...

And what's soo cool about actaully living in Worcester and not knowing anything about it's history is that when I do some research and my finds talk about places and locations and what-not in the city, I can acutally go and find it!!


This YMCA Hostel dates back to 1868 and was extended in 1885. It's a High Victorian Gothic Style.

I can see real history! Even as far back in AD 43 or something like that. It's so amazing. It's hard to imagine what it would have been like back in the 17th century of Worcester. If only I could see it without modern stuff in the way. If only everything could transform into 17th century stuff.

Well, that won't happen. All I can do is research and study what it was like to live and dress and travel and eat and communicate in the 17th century, then use my imagination to see 17th century Worcester when I'm standing in front of old places around Worcester.

Which Worcester, by the way, is full of old things on practically every corner...

There is so much exploring to do yet without the rush, rush, rush to get somewhere on time for somebody else...


A home of Queen Elisabeth in the late 1500's.

We stopped at this corner, but it was rushed when stopped there on Tuesday, the 11th of Sept. =(

At anyrate, Worcester is meant to be explored...(as in I'm not done!) ;)

P.S. I took none of these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment