September 13, 2012

Dr. B (one of my favourite supporting characters)

Now, I will introduce some of my favorite supporting characters.

Dr. (John) B is one of the main supporting characters, especially since he is one of Jacob Bernflick's best friends. Aside from that he is a drunk doctor, but a really good and smart doctor. He knows how to take care of his patients.

He is in his mid to late twenties with dark brown hair, lean and tall. He is incredibly carefree, but takes doctoring seriously. He knows what he's doing. He had the potential to become one of the best doctors of his time, but preferred not to take things so seriously, except for when it came to saving someone's life and aiding them in sickness or injury. So technically he could not really be considered a doctor, because he had gotten kicked out of college weeks before he gratuaded for being too drunk in classes.

So that's his background before he makes his first appearance in the book. And this is not necessarily going to be put in the book, but will be talked about a little.

This might be what his outfit kind of looks like, but I'm not sure...And no, he does not wear an eye patch, the eye patch just happens to be on Dr. B's model that I thought best looked like the Dr. B in my head.

Favorite Phrases:
"For heaven's sake!"
"You've got to be kidding me!"
and the word "deuce"

A bit o' conversation:
(After kidnapping John and bringing him back on board his ship...yes Jacob kidnaps...what are friends for?)
"How the deuce did you know I was a doctor?" grumbled John drunkenly.
"John, what are you doing?" Jacob raised a brow.
"How the deuce do you know my name?"
"John." Jacob leaned into John's face. "It's me."
"How the deuce - Jacob?" He finally showed recogniion. "Well, I'll be, what arr you doing here?"
"I need a ship doctor. And you need a life."
Appalled, John's mouth broke open. "I need a life? Oh, please!"
"John, I need you. As a friend." Jacob's brows rose slightly.

A bit o' conversation:
"For heaven's sake, man! I'm a doctor, not a sorcerer!" said Dr. B

A bit o' conversation:
"John, I need you to do something," said Jacob.
"I'm not going to like this am I?" asked Dr. B.

A bit o' conversation:
(After almost getting knocked down by a horse and rider...)
"Hey! I'm walkin' here!" shouted Dr. B with a look of annoyance.

A bit o' conversation:
(In the midst of a tavern fight...)
"What do they call you?" asked Dr. B.
"Tom Cunning," said Tom.
"Tom Cunning?" Dr. B extended his hand and Tom shook it.
"And you?" asked Tom.
"Dr. B."
"Nice to meet you, doc."
They saw a bucket of water come flying at them and they ducked.


That blue dot there is Tortuga. It belongs to Haiti today...

Anways, Dr. B joins Jacob's crew if you hadn't guessed from one of the bits of conversations he has...

No comments:

Post a Comment