October 19, 2012

Getting Your Heart Rate Up

Bob Harper knows what he's talking about. He gives me "The Skinny Rules Newsletter," in my email.

Here's what he said:

Today's Daily Tip

The more lean muscle you have, the more calories you burn. So get familiar with your dumbbells because they are your ticket to burning calories!

Incorporate Weights

Many misconceptions about working out revolve around lifting weights. Most often I hear people say that they don’t have time to fit in cardio and weights - weight training is cardio! Cardio isn't just limited to running. Any exercise that makes your heart pump is cardio! Your heart is working like crazy when you are lifting because your entire body is engaged! Strengthening your muscles requires tons of energy - burning calories. All it takes are some simple hands weights or even a kettlebell to get the job done, so anyone can do it! Try a cardio workout that incorporates weights, such as my Kettlebell Cardio Shred DVD, and make the most of your workouts!






So how will you get your heart rate up?
Push-ups?
50 Fast Squats (tapping the floor with your hands)?
Mountain Climbers?
Kickboxing?
KettleBells Swings?
Variations of the Plank?
Variations of Push-ups?
Barbell Squats?
Weighted Lunges?

What will you do?

What will I do?
For starters...
Push-ups (military style, scorpion, crow, close-grip, wide-gripe, pike and possibly some others that I can't currently think of...)
Fast Squats, tapping the floor with my hand (about 50)

I will definitely do more than just that, I mean seriously I'm aiming for at least an hour long workout here!
And if I don't have time then a half hour or SOMETHING!

So, go knock yourself out! Not literally! But push yourself to the limit. Push yourself till you can't do any more! That's where you'll see improvement!

And I need to seriously take my own advice and DO IT! I know what I need to do, so what's postponing me?

What's postponing you?

No comments:

Post a Comment