October 29, 2012

Cornwall Trip

The four hour bus ride there...I studied some of my German (for my beginner class), wrote about other supporting characters and more about a couple of my main characters for my "Remmington Pirates Saga," slept and listened to my i-pod the entire time. Oh and I drank 2 liters of water in the morning, so I was using the toilet on the bus...I am so thankful to have had a toilet on the bus. Or I'd be in trouble.

Some of our Minnesotan group learned how to surf, while some of us (like me) went and explored a town that sounds like "New-key" but that is NOT how it is spelled.



I wanted a Milkshake so I could dip my "Fries" in, but in England a milkshake is literally JUST milk with chocolate or strawberry or whatever flavour you can get. NO ICE CREAM!


SEE! I was sad at first!


It was a fun day!
We stayed in a really, really nice Hostel, which is like a hotel, except you have to put the sheets on your pillow, blanket, and bed. And when you leave, you have to take it off as well and put it in their laundry.
They offered a kitchen for guests to use, so we made our supper each night and they served everyone breakfast in the morning, except I made my breakfast since I'm allergic to like everything.

The view at this Hostel, well its location is just spectacular. I love it there! I could totally live there too, I mean seriously you've got the ocean view, smell and sound. What more could you want?


Right outside our hostel!
We walked past this EVERYDAY to get to the bus, because the bus could not drive through the tiny streets. So we walked about 10-20min from the bus to our hostel. It was fun!

The next day...what did we do the next day? Oh yes!
We went to another seaside town. It was just beautiful! I tried scones and creamed tea. So yummy! They even had gluten free scones! Though they were out when I ordered, so I tried the ones with gluten, after taking my GlutenFlam pills (which basically kills the gluten...???).

Anyways, my sister and I walked along the narrow streets, looking in store windows and such.  I, of course, had to stop an look inside some of them, like the charity shops and girls or ladies' clothing store, where I happened find an awesome scarf, so you know I had to get it!


I like this place! They have a boat harbour!

The tea was delicious! And so were their scones! They even offered Gluten-Free Scones, but they were out when I ordered. =( But I would definitely like to try their Gluten-Free Scones next time???


Then we went to a prison from 1739 to early 20th century I think (???) (It started a couple decades after my books, which start in 1707.)



It was pretty wicked. The punishment and reason for being in prison are so different compared to today.



You would be imprisoned for a time...??

























We saw rainbows practically everyday that we were there. (And I've probably seen rainbows almost every week here in England, since September!)




We celebrated September and October birthday that night at the Hostel and we each got such wonderfully, sweet Birthday cards.



October and September Birthday recognitions! With my friends - and me with the black jacket!


No comments:

Post a Comment